Isamu Noguchi, Momo Taro, 1977-78. Gift of the Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, Inc.
Storm King Guides assist visitors by answering questions and by providing information on Storm King exhibitions, artists and artwork, and assist the Art Center with protecting its property through observation of and interaction with the visitors. Storm King Guides are stationed throughout the grounds at key visitor locations, both
indoors and outdoors. Guides will also assist with working at the Admission Booth and Visitor Center as required.
Job Descriptions: In this role, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Answer visitors’ general questions about Storm King (hours, tours, events, etc.)
• Assist visitors with directions and navigating the property
• Educate visitors on current exhibitions and answer questions about specific sculptures and artists
• Rotate through different areas of the Art Center including patrolling galleries
• Assist with protecting Storm King’s property from damage by carefully observing visitors and interacting when necessary to prevent harm to Storm King property and works of art; contact Storm King’s Safety Officers for support as necessary and when required
• Monitorand enforce compliance with Storm King’s rules and policies
• Provide administrative assistance as directed
• Demonstrated interest in the field of art or landscape; college-related degree or working towards a related degree preferred
• Relevant experience preferred; training will be provided
• Interest in and ability to learn about Storm King’s sculptures, artists and property
• Ability to communicate effectively and to interact with the public in a positive and friendly manner
• Ability to enforce Storm King policies
• Flexibility to work at various key visitor locations as needed and as directed
• Availability to work set regular shifts
• Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
• Ability to works indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions
• Ability to work the full season, Wednesday – Sunday and some Holidays as requested.
To apply for the Guide position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Donna Ricci, Human Resources Consultant at email@example.com with “Guide” in the subject line, or mail to Storm King Art Center, P.O. Box 280, Mountainville, NY 10953
Storm King Art Center is an EEO institution/employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.