Isamu Noguchi, Momo Taro, 1977-78. Gift of the Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, Inc.
Major Gifts and Institutional Development Assistant
About the position:
Major Gifts and Institutional Development Assistant reports to the Director of Development and will be a member of the Development team. The Development department at Storm King is responsible for raising funds to support the organization’s exhibitions and programming. Funds are secured from a variety of sources, including foundations, corporations, government, and individuals. The Development Department also oversees the Art Center’s extensive membership program and annual fund solicitations, and organizes two fundraising events a year. The Development department is central to the organization and works closely with the President and Director’s offices.
This role will be responsible for implementing the major donor program, which includes donor recognition, cultivation events, special outreach and correspondence, targeted solicitations, and inputting research and tracking relationships in the fundraising database, Abila Fundraising 50.
Major Gifts and Institutional Development Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with database management and maintenance to optimize it as a tool for tracking donor relationships, correspondence, and solicitations
- Conducting research on current and prospective donors, and carefully maintaining their records in the database
- Drafting proposals and solicitations for exhibitions, educational programs, acquisitions, and other projects, and ensuring these solicitations are entered and tracked in the database for each prospect
- Drafting special correspondence and thank you letters for the President and Director to major donors
- Preparing the annual donor listing, which includes a donor wall and recognition on the organization website
- Processing Major Gifts in accordance to Storm King Policy and maintaining accurate records in the database
- Assisting in planning annual events including exhibition openings, member events, cultivation events, galas and travel program
- Providing assistance at occasional evening and weekend special events
- Providing general administrative support to the Development Department as needed, including filing, mailings, data entry, and other administrative tasks
The ideal candidate must have
- Two (2) years of office experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
- College degree in communications, marketing, business or related field preferred
- Ability to perform with a high level of discretion and integrity
- Must have a professional demeanor and work well with the public
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, research and organizational skills; persistence and excellent follow-through
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and new opportunities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and the Internet
- Working knowledge of Abila Fundraising 50 , or similar database, is preferred but not required (will train)
- Knowledge of Photoshop and / or InDesign a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Major Gifts and Institutional Development Assistant” in the subject line. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide writing samples. No phone calls please.
Storm King Art Center is seeking reliable Safety Officers, Guides, Admission Clerks, and Museum Store Clerks to work as part of our Visitors Services (VS) team to support our activities for the 2015 Season which ends on November 29, 2015.
Storm King Art Center is one of the world’s leading outdoor sculpture parks with over 100 sculptures set in rolling fields, woodlands, and indoor galleries. Storm King hosts annual exhibitions and various public and private events throughout our season including tours, family programs, music concerts, dinners and discussion panels.
Our team of dedicated VS staff are essential to the smooth running of the Art Center. VS staff are responsible for enhancing our visitors experience in a friendly and professional manner; assisting visitors by answering questions; and by providing information on Storm King exhibitions, artists and artwork, site, amenities and services. VS Staff are also responsible for protecting Storm King property through observation of and interaction with the visitors.
There are several opportunities available as follows:
Welcome visitors to Storm King, collect admission fees and notify visitors of special programs for the day. Coordinate with office staff and the safety team in welcoming VIPs and group visits and accommodating any special guest needs or special events. In addition, operate a point of sale iPad and cash register.
Provide support for onsite education and events, and with training may be responsible for leading VIP and public tours. In addition, assist with the protection of the art and grounds, and operate a point of sale iPad and cash register as needed.
Museum Store Clerks:
Provide customer service to all visitors entering the Museum Building; answer questions about merchandise and memberships, answers main switchboard; and answers callers’ questions or directs calls appropriately. In addition, operate a point of sale iPad and cash register. Occasionally work at other locations on site managing a retail stand.
Patrol and monitor the outdoor and indoor premises as part of a managed team; ensure the safety of Storm King’s property and collection, visitors and staff; respond to safety and security incidents; help with events, direct cars, assist visitors, escort special guests, and drive the trams. Safety Officers must have or be willing to obtain a New York State Security Guard license*.
VS staff may rotate and be cross trained in the various roles listed above. Additionally VS staff may be called upon to assist with administrative and operational tasks which can include working special events, mailings and other special projects.
Full-time and part-time positions are available for a combination of weekday and weekend schedules. All schedules include some weekend work. Typical work days are 9am to 6pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday and 8pm Saturdays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Morning or evening events will occasionally require longer working days. Storm King is open on holiday Mondays and we require VS staff to work at least 2 holiday Mondays as needed.
Starting salary varies based on experience and role. All VS staff are eligible to participate in Storm King’s 403(b) retirement plan. AED and CPR training are provided. Storm King also provides mandatory training throughout the season.
All candidates should:
- Have a love of art and/or nature
- Enjoy working with the public
- Enjoy being outdoors in all weather conditions
- Have the ability to interact with visitors and staff in a consistent, friendly and professional manner
- Have a willingness to learn about Storm King and the current exhibitions to answer questions about specific sculptures and artists
- Have the ability to work closely with other staff members to monitor and enforce compliance with Storm King’s rules and policies
- Have the ability to operate or be trained to operate a point of sale iPad and cash register
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time and walk the grounds
- The ability to patrol by bicycle (which will be provided) is a plus
- Occasional lifting may be required
- A clean and valid driver’s license is required to drive the tram
*If interested in a Safety role, a current NY State Security Guard License or the ability to be licensed during the season is required. Storm King may provide assistance with the licensing application process for unlicensed applicants and provides recertification training for license renewals.
Apply:To apply please send your resume to Donna Ricci, Human Resources Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Visitor Services” in the subject of the email.
Storm King Art Center, one of the world’s leading sculpture parks in the lower Hudson Valley, is seeking a Housekeeper to join the Building and Grounds team and assist with general cleaning and light maintenance of the Museum’s offices, galleries and grounds. This is a seasonal role with potential to move into a year round role for the right candidate.
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the Housekeeper is responsible for the cleaning and and upkeep of the building and grounds. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for assisting all other departments as needed including setting up for meetings, special events, and light maintenance work.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Keep Museum Building offices, galleries and outdoor grounds clean and well maintained including:
- Empty waste baskets and garbage cans and pick up litter
- Clean bathrooms
- Vacuum, sweep and mop
- Clean kitchen areas and mirrors and glass in doors and windows
- Light maintenance work to include changing light bulbs, clear leaves on walk ways and other requested items as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED, and 3 years of equivalent work experience
- Ability to work both independently and in teams and the ability to work in a busy environment
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and the general public
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Availability to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, as necessary
- Ability to work outdoors, as required, in various weather conditions
- Physical requirements include the ability to remain standing and walking for extended periods of time and be able to lift/carry/move up to 50 pounds, use small power tools, climb a ladder and drive a golf cart.
Apply:To apply please send your resume to Donna Ricci, Human Resources Consultant, at email@example.com with “Housekeeper” in the subject of the email.
Storm King Art Center is an EEO institution/employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.