Isamu Noguchi, Momo Taro, 1977-78. Gift of the Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, Inc.
Storm King Art Center is seeking a Communications Coordinator to assist with developing and implementing communication strategies.
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Legal Affairs and Operations to develop and implement communication strategies. The Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to develop Storm King Art Center’s image, brand and awareness through marketing and communications by coordinating the organization’s design, message, and content generation, through a variety of outlets both onsite and offsite. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing and working within an annual communications budget; developing and maintaining relationships with local and regional press; developing marketing materials; managing photo and publicity shoots; acting as primary point of contact to a contracted outside PR firm; and preparing information for staff and the Board of Trustees.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage online presence to include: social media, e-newsletter, web ads, community calendars
• Evaluate and negotiate vendor and advertising contracts
• Design and deliver marketing materials for paid media placements
• Create and coordinate production schedules and maintain ongoing relationships with graphic designers, printers, photographers
• Design and print onsite signage to include sandwich boards, posters, rack cards and kiosk materials, and more
• Manage multiple regularly-occurring meetings including bi-weekly communications meetings, e-presence meetings, and other meetings as necessary
• Serve as point of contact for media requests and questions including schedules and press kits
• Work in close coordination with outside PR firm on media relations, event management and promotion
• Manage media relations program including coordination of visits, tours, press kits
• Work with local media to secure media placement and manage local media relationships
• Assist with writing, editing and distributing of press releases
• Assemble press and information kits both online and print copy
• Maintain media archives both online and print copy
Community Outreach and Other
• Attend community programs, conference and events to promote Storm King Art Center
• Photograph events on and off site for use by press, social media, for internal materials and for archive
• Actively monitor and manage Storm King Art Center’s online reputation
• Manage the process of creating promotional materials, including videos, photographs, collateral, and more
• Track and analyze the use of promotions and report various metrics to Director of Legal Affairs and Operations
• Serve as a liaison with outside persons and organizations, and with other departments within the Museum including VIPs, donors, Board Members and Artists for communications and outreach matters
• Assist with onsite public programs and activities
• Lead and manage large communications-related projects
Required Skills and Qualifications
• College degree in Marketing, English, or related communications field
• Three + years of related experience
• Experience designing and producing marketing, collateral and similar materials.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and telephone/customer service skills
• Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Safeguard confidential information and perform with a high level of discretion, professionalism, and integrity
• Work independently and manage multiple projects and tasks through to completion
• Exercise judgment and make decisions independently
• Communicate effectively and interact with all level of staff and the public and visitors in a positive, professional and friendly manner
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Strong knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop and Acrobat) and HTML; experience with managing websites preferred
• Flexibility with working special events, exhibition openings, and occasional weekend, holiday and evening work hours at local venues and NYC
• Ability to commute to NYC and local venues
• Ability to carry materials to community events and conferences
• Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
To apply: please send your cover letter and resume to Donna Ricci, Human Resources Consultant at email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject.
Storm King Art Center seeks a paid intern to work in its Development Department. This internship is for approximately 2-3 days per week for 6 months beginning August/September.
This unique position offers participants “hands-on” training in a fast-paced, team-oriented museum environment and a comprehensive overview of museum operations. The ideal candidate will also gain valuable insight into the art world and working in a Development Department.
The Development Department at Storm King is responsible for raising funds to support all exhibitions and programming. Funds are secured from a variety of sources, primarily grants from government and foundations, corporate sponsorship and major gifts from individuals. The Development Department also handles the Art Center’s extensive membership program and annual fund solicitations, and also organizes two fundraising events a year. Development is a central department to the organization and works closely with the President and Director’s offices.
Job Description: In this role, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Researching current and prospective donors and carefully maintaining their records in SAGE systems
• Assisting in planning events, including exhibition openings, galas, and member events
• Providing assistance on occasional evening and weekend special events
• Assisting with Membership fulfillment
• Executing mass in-house mailings, such as Membership solicitations, Annual Fund letters, and special event invitations
• Conducting grant research and preparing application materials
• Assisting with organizing Development files
• Providing general administrative support to the Development Department as needed
The ideal candidate must have
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A professional demeanor
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• The candidate must be a team player with flexibility and willingness to work in a variety of tasks
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is mandatory
• Working knowledge of SAGE or similar database is preferred, but not required (will train on SAGE system)
• Knowledge of Photoshop and / or InDesign is a plus
Internship credits can also be coordinated through your college or university.
If you are an energetic and responsible individual who has a strong interest in learning how a non-profit Development Department runs, then please submit your resume, cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Intern” in the subject line. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. No phone calls please.
SEASONAL BOOTH ATTENDANTS
Storm King Art Center, seeks reliable, trustworthy, approachable, and good natured, Part-Time Booth Attendants to join our team of Safety and Guides at our unique 500 acre site for the 2014 Season, April 2 through November 30, 2014.
Our small team of Seasonal Staff are essential to the smooth running of the Art Center. Booth Attendants are the first person guests’ encounter: they serve as the face of the Art Center and set the tone for an enjoyable visit.
Generally, Booth Attendants welcome visitors to Storm King, collect their admission, and notify visitors of special programs for the day. In addition, Booth Attendants coordinate with office staff and the safety team in welcoming VIPs and group visits and accommodating any special guest needs or special events.
Part-Time positions are available for weekend shift including Monday holiday days. Typical work day is 9 am to 6 pm, and until 8 pm Saturdays and Sundays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Morning or evening events will occasionally require longer working days. Storm King’s 2014 Season runs April 2 through November 30, 2014.
Starting salary is $10 per hour. Booth Attendants work a regular, agreed schedule with occasional opportunities for overtime. Booth Attendants are eligible to participate in Storm King’s 403(b) retirement plan. AED and CPR training provided bi-annually.
Candidates must have 1 year of cash register and/or point-of-sale experience. Excellent customer service skills. Experience working with visitors at an art, educational or similar organization is a plus. Must be available to work weekends and holiday Mondays through November 30, 2014. NY State Security Guard License preferred. Must enjoy working with the public and being outdoors in all weather conditions. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and willing to work in close proximity to others. Occasional lifting.
To apply, please send your resume with “Booth Attendant” in the Subject Line to Donna Ricci, Human Resources Consultant at email@example.com with “Booth Attendant” in subject or mail to: Storm King Art Center, ATTN: Donna Ricci, P.O. Box 280, Mountainville, NY 10953. Storm King is an equal opportunity employer.
SEASONAL SAFETY OFFICERS
Storm King Art Center, seeks reliable, trustworthy, approachable, and good natured, unarmed Safety Officers to join our team of Safety and Guides at our unique 500 acre site for the 2014 Season, April 2 through November 30, 2014.
Our small team of Seasonal Staff are essential to the smooth running of the Art Center. Safety Officers are not only responsible for protecting our site, but they are the first friendly face our visitors see and are often the first people visitors turn to for assistance.
Safety Officers guard, patrol and monitor the outdoor and indoor premises as part of a managed team; they ensure the safety of Storm King’s property and collection, visitors and staff; they help with events, direct cars, assist visitors, escort special guests, drive the trams and respond to safety and security incidents.
Full and Part Time positions are available for the Wednesday-Sunday and for Friday-Sunday shifts with some flexibility. Typical work day is 9 am to 6 pm, and 8 pm Saturdays and Sundays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Morning or evening events will occasionally require longer working days. Storm King is open holiday Mondays. Storm King’s 2014 Season begins April 2 and ends November 30, 2014.
Starting salary is $12 per hour. Safety Officers work a regular, agreed schedule with occasional opportunities for overtime. Safety Officers can participate in Storm King’s 403(b) retirement plan. AED and CPR training provided on a bi-annual basis.
Candidates must have a current NY State Security Guard License or be able to be licensed during the season. Storm King may provide assistance with the licensing application process for unlicensed applicants and provides recertification training for license renewals. Must have a clean and valid driver’s license. At least 1 year relevant experience preferred. Must enjoy working with the public and being outdoors in all weather conditions. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk the grounds. Occasional lifting. Ability to conduct patrols on supplied bicycles a plus.
Please send your resume to Donna Ricci, Human Resources Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Safety Officer” in subject or mail to: Storm King Art Center, ATTN: Donna Ricci, P.O. Box 280, Mountainville, NY 10953.
Storm King Art Center, seeks reliable, trustworthy, approachable, and good natured, Guides to join our team of Safety and Guides at our unique 500 acre site for the 2014 Season, April 2 through November 30, 2014.
Our small team of Seasonal Staff are essential to the smooth running of the Art Center. Guides are responsible for enhancing our visitors experience in a friendly and professional manner. Guides assist visitors by answering questions and by providing information on Storm King exhibitions, artists and artwork, site, amenities and services, but also are responsible for protecting Storm King property through observation of and interaction with the visitors. Guides are stationed throughout the grounds at key visitor locations, both indoors and outdoors. Guides provide support for site education, and events, and with training may be responsible for VIP tours. Guides may also assist with booth relief, support operations and assist with administrative tasks as needed.
Full and part time positions are available for a combination of weekday and weekend schedules. All schedules include some weekend work. Typical work days are 9am to 6pm and 8pm Saturdays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Morning or evening events will occasionally require longer working days. Storm King is open holiday Mondays. Storm King’s 2014 Season began April 2 through November 30, 2014.
Starting salary is $10.00 per hour. Guides work a regular, agreed schedule with occasional opportunities for overtime. Guides are eligible to participate in Storm King’s 403(b) retirement plan. AED and CPR training provided.
Candidates should have a love of art and nature, enjoy working with the public, and being outdoors in all weather conditions. Must be able to interact with visitors and staff in a friendly and professional manner. Must show a willingness to be learn about Storm King and current exhibitions and be prepared to answer questions about specific sculptures and artists. Work closely with Safety Officers to monitor and enforce compliance with Storm King’s rules and policies. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk the grounds. Ability to patrol by provided bicycle a plus. Occasional lifting.
To apply please send your resume to Donna Ricci, Human Resources Consultant at email@example.com with “Guide” in the subject or mail to: Storm King Art Center, ATTN: Donna Ricci, P.O. Box 280, Mountainville, NY 10953.
Storm King Art Center is an EEO institution/employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.