Isamu Noguchi, Momo Taro, 1977-78. Gift of the Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, Inc.
Storm King Art Center is preparing for the 2015 Season. We are seeking reliable Safety Officers, Guides, Admission Clerks, and Museum Shop Clerks to work as part of our Visitors Services (VS) team to support our activities from April 1, 2015 through November 29, 2015.
Storm King Art Center is one of the world’s leading outdoor sculpture parks with over 100 sculptures set in rolling fields, woodlands, and indoor galleries. Storm King hosts annual exhibitions and various public and private events throughout our season including tours, family programs, music concerts, dinners and discussion panels.
Our team of dedicated VS staff are essential to the smooth running of the Art Center. VS staff are responsible for enhancing our visitors experience in a friendly and professional manner; assisting visitors by answering questions; and by providing information on Storm King exhibitions, artists and artwork, site, amenities and services. VS Staff are also responsible for protecting Storm King property through observation of and interaction with the visitors.
There are several opportunities available as follows:
Welcome visitors to Storm King, collect admission fees and notify visitors of special programs for the day. Coordinate with office staff and the safety team in welcoming VIPs and group visits and accommodating any special guest needs or special events. In addition, operate a point of sale iPad and cash register.
Provide support for onsite education and events, and with training may be responsible for leading VIP and public tours. In addition, assist with the protection of the art and grounds, and operate a point of sale iPad and cash register as needed.
Museum Shop Clerks:Provide customer service to all visitors entering the Museum Building; answer questions about merchandise and memberships, answers main switchboard; and answers callers’ questions or directs calls appropriately. In addition, operate a point of sale iPad and cash register. Occasionally work at other locations on site managing a retail stand.
Patrol and monitor the outdoor and indoor premises as part of a managed team; ensure the safety of Storm King’s property and collection, visitors and staff; respond to safety and security incidents; help with events, direct cars, assist visitors, escort special guests, and drive the trams. Safety Officers must have or be willing to obtain a New York State Security Guard license*.
VS staff may rotate and be cross trained in the various roles listed above. Additionally VS staff may be called upon to assist with administrative and operational tasks which can include working special events, mailings and other special projects.
Apply:To be considered for a Visitor Services position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Specify “Visitor Services” in the subject of the email.
The Accounting Assistant is a part-time, entry-level position that will provide exposure to working in a growing non-profit organization and work experience in an accounting department. The Accounting Assistant reports to the Director of Finance, providing support to the Accounting Associate. The work schedule is 2 days per week (approximately 16 hours per week), preferably with flexibility to work longer hours if needed. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gather and enter data(invoices, credit card statements and other information) into accounting software, as well as data entry into Excel.
- Reconcile expenses.
- Reconcile register reports.
- Update electronic filing system.
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks including filing, printing, photocopying, scanning, shredding and faxing.
- High school diploma; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6 months experience interning or working in an office performing administrative tasks, preferably in an accounting-related function.
- Ability to perform with a high level of discretion and integrity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and strong data entry skills; familiarity with Sage accounting software preferred.
Apply:To be considered for the part-time Accounting Assistant position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Specify “Accounting Assistant” in the subject of the email.
Storm King Art Center is an EEO institution/employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities and Conversation Specialist, the Housekeeper is responsible for the general maintenance, cleaning and upkeep of the building and grounds. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for assisting all other departments as needed including setting up for meetings, special events, and light maintenance work.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Keep Museum Building offices, galleries and outdoor grounds clean and well maintained including:
- Empty waste baskets and garbage cans and pick up litter.
- Clean toilets.
- Vacuum, sweep and mop.
- Clean kitchen areas and mirrors and glass in doors and windows.
- Light maintenance work to include changing light bulbs, clear leaves on walk ways and other requested items as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED, and 3 years of equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams and the ability to work in a busy environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and the general public.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car.
- Availability to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- Ability to work outdoors, as required, in various weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include the ability to remain standing and walking for extended periods of time and be able to lift/carry/move up to 50 pounds, use small power tools, climb a ladder and drive a golf cart.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Donna Ricci, Human Resources Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Housekeeper” in the subject of the email.
Storm King Art Center is an EEO institution/employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.